It was great to have registered for a yoga class on weekends to maintain stamina and health. But apparently you have not prepared the yoga mat. As a beginner, of course you are confused about choosing the right sports mat. There are those who choose because they are friends, others see the quality of goods, and there are also those who see the price.
So that your exercise results are optimal, it turns out that choosing the right yoga mat is very important, you have to know what your mat made from. Is it using geo textile, polyester fiber, rubber or others. Reporting from the Huffington Post, there are 7 tips that can help you choose the right yoga mat!
1. Not slipperyThe right yoga mat is one whose surface is not slippery. So, when you do a variety of movements the position of the hand will not shift. However, most new yoga mats available now have a smooth surface. Yanoula Athanassakis, a yoga instructor, gives a little trick to overcome this. "I sprinkled chalk powder on a yoga mat and the parts that were not needed to remove the slipperiness, or maybe you can use mat from non woven indonesia" Athanassakis said.
2. SoftTo avoid injury, as a beginner you should choose a soft mattress. Using a soft mattress can gradually build joint and muscle strength. Thin mattress can harm the wrist when doing sports movements.
3. Check the thickness of the foamSoft yoga mattresses have thin foam. "Mattresses with thick foam are suitable for gym activities or naps, not yoga," Athanassakis explained.
4. Does not contain toxinsYoga mattresses made of PVC contain a lot of plastic toxic substances that are not good for the body. The exact choice is to buy yoga mats that are free-pvc, such as mattresses made from natural rubber.
5. LightweightChoose a lightweight yoga mat, which weighs only about 1.5 pounds. Do not want to shoulder pain because opposing yoga mat is too heavy, right?
6. There is money there is qualityDon't because the price of a good mattress is a little more expensive making you buy a cheaper mattress with poor quality. With a thin and fragile mattress, it makes your exercise results not optimal.
7. Attractive colors and shapesTo make your sport more enjoyable, choose yoga mat with the colors and motifs that you like. Guaranteed your enthusiasm for exercise will be higher. Make sure your colorfull mat doesn't slip on laminate board flooring.